Teacher Trainings & Mentoring
200 hour and 300 hour teacher trainings
Teacher trainings offers the opportunity for yoga practitioners to delve deeper into their own practices while also exploring the path of teaching. Deeper study is a great gift to give oneself.
200 HOUR – YOGA WORKS
Who:Erika Trice & Lainie Devina
Where: Online Via ZOOM
When: May 8 – July 11, 2021
Yoga Works 200-Hour teacher training blends the history and philosophical teachings of yoga with the essential components of asana, anatomy and sequencing. This training is set up to be an immersive experience. It can be taken to learn the art of teaching yoga or to go deeper into your own personal practice. The learning experience is very personalized.
In this training, you will:
- Deepen and strengthen your study of asana (including proper alignment, benefits, and contraindications of the physical postures)
- Understand the principles of anatomy and body mechanics
- Explore the science and art of sequencing
- See and interpret how energy moves through the body
- Use props to improve or modify a posture
- Gain a broader understanding of yoga history and philosophy
- Build confidence through practice teaching
- 6-12 months of a consistent yoga practice.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in English.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
4-7 pm (PST)
7-10 pm (EST)
- Saturdays & Sundays
8 am-3 pm (PST)
11 am-6 pm (EST)
5 – month
Mentoring & Apprenticeship
Who: YogaWorks & Erika
Where: Online Via ZOOM
When: TBD 2021
This 5-Month apprenticeship program is part of the YogaWorks 300 hour teacher training.
- Assisting/Observing a class with your mentor teacher once a week,
- taking a class with your mentor teacher once a week,
- attending 1-2 meetings a month with your mentor group,
- and completing a final project.
This is an inspiring way to strengthen your teaching skills.
Who: One-on-One w/ Erika
Where: Online or In Person
When: Based on availability
Private mentoring sessions are designed for the already practicing yoga student who wishes to delve deeper into their yoga education and practice. Through these personal classes, students are able to receive guidance in techniques and yogic practices that are not often taught in open public classes.
These specialized private mentoring sessions are also for the aspiring or existing yoga teacher who would like support for their yoga teaching. These sessions are good if you are looking for support with class sequencing, posture modification/adaptation and teaching more effective alignment. Also how to add philosophy into your teaching in an approachable way.
There have been many times in my 25+ years in yoga that I have sought out the personal attention of my teacher and asked for individual guidance to strengthen elements of my practice. It was in these private teachings that I experienced an awakening and expansion in my yoga that I am forever grateful for.