Short & Simple Pranayama Practice for Clearing
According to yoga science and philosophy, pranayama techniques are one of the best ways to purify our energy body and our minds. They help support focus and clarity. There are many types of pranayamas and, in general, all of them cleanse the body and purify the mind.
- This is a short and simple pranayama practice that you can do every day.
- For this practice you will want to do this practice sitting with an upright spine and open chest. Also you will be using your right hand to close off the nostrils. You can use the thumb on your right hand when you are closing your right nostril and the ring finger of your right hand to close off the left nostril.
- The inhalations are easy and smooth while the exhalations have a little more force to them.
- You will be doing 3 rounds on both the right and left sides. And 3 rounds thru both nostrils. Taking a few recover breaths in between.
- Inhale deeply through both nostrils.
- At the top of the inhalation, close your right nostril and exhale strongly through the left nostril. Emptying your lungs. Then inhale smoothly and deeply through the left nostril. And again exhale strongly through the left nostril. Inhale again into the left, and finally exhale strongly back out thru the left.
- Release your right nostril.
- Then bring your attention to the center between the eyebrows and take a few normal breaths through both nostrils.
- Now switch to the other side.
- Take a normal breath through both nostrils and then close the left nostril as you exhale strongly out through the right nostril. Inhale smoothly and deeply into the right nostril. Exhale strongly thru the right nostril. One last time…inhale into the right nostril and exhale completely out the right nostril.
- Release your hands back down onto your lap.
- Then bring your attention to the eyebrow center and take three normal breaths in and out.
- And finally allow both nostrils to remain open and inhale smoothly into both and exhale strongly out both. Inhale again into both nostrils and exhale and forcefully out both nostrils. Repeat this one more time.
- Then just sit quietly for a moment allowing the breath to be and feeling the cleansing action of this practice.